This is a specially adapted ECU which allows the 2000-2005 S2000 to run from a RSX ECU. The engine crank and cam sensors must be changed to equivalent 2006-2007 parts - see below.
The S2000 KPro includes a new or user supplied RSX (PRB) ECU adapted for the S2000, and a wiring harness for the crank and cam sensors. It does not include the Honda parts - see mechanical modifications below. All user supplied ECUs must be PRB A01-A12 and in perfect working order. We will not use any other ECUs for the S2000.
Within the USA this product is legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a public highway.
- Factory reliability for your S2000.
- Easy starting.
- Dash water temperature display functions normally.
- All the features of the K-Pro:
- Injector re-calibration.
- Fully mapped boost tables.
- Nitrous control.
- Boost control.
- And more...
See the K-Pro page for more information.
The following items must be replaced before the S2000 K-Pro can be used. These parts are not supplied by Hondata and should be purchased from a Honda dealer.
- Crank sensor 37500-PZX-003
- Crank wheel 13622-PCX-013
- TDC sensor 37510-PZX-003
- TDC wheel 14112-PCX-003
- Valve cover 12310-PCX-020
- Drain plug washer (for PCV valve) 94109-14000
- PCV valve 17130-PCX-003
- IAT sensor 37880-P05-A00 (not required, but stock IAT will read about 30 degrees hotter)
The approximate cost of these parts is $300-375.
Swapping the parts is relatively straight forward. Refer to the Helm manual for more information, but in brief you will need to:
- Remove the accessory belt.
- Remove the water pump pulley.
- Remove the crank pulley.
- Remove the front timing cover.
- Remove and replace the crank timing wheel.
- Remove and replace the crank sensor in the timing cover, and reinstall the timing cover.
- Remove old wiring to crank sensor.
- Install wiring harness from crank sensor to ECU.
- Reinstall water pump pulley and accessory belt.
- Remove the valve cover.
- Remove and replace the TDC sensor wheel (exhaust cam).
- Install the new TDC sensor and PCV valve in the new timing cover, and install the new valve cover.
- Remove S2000 ECU. Install the wiring harness through the firewall underneath the clutch master cylinder. If you have cut the wiring rubber boot, seal it with silicone sealer.
- Install the RSX ECU.
As a bonus your will find that your brand new valve cover is not dirty and has no oil stains.